Monday, May 14, 2012

5 day 50k

So, as I'm waiting for my beta-readers to get back to me, I've decided it's time to bit the bullet and get back into actually WRITING.

It's shameful how little writing I've actually done lately.

So since it happens to be a Monday today, I'm going to attempt to do something that will probably kick my ass....

5 day 50k.

Look, I know it's crazy.  I KNOW.

But when I tallied up the numbers I realized that I actually wrote my NaNo novel in 9 days (because I am Miss Slacky McSlacker and procrastination is my middle name...making me Miss Slacky Procrastination McSlacker...my parents were not kind) and, to be quite honest, the shiny warm feeling of actually FINISHING a draft has sort of faded since the end of November.

I miss that feeling people.

So over the next 5 days (Monday May 14 to Friday May 18) I'm going to try to churn out 10k a day, hopefully finishing another draft at the end of the day on Friday.

Pray for me.

-geekgirl

1 comment:

  1. You are ambitious my friend but I will totally be cheering you on! Write write write!

    ReplyDelete